The Whiteland Advisory Plan Commission serves to oversee land use and development in Whiteland in order to promote the community’s quality of life.
Under Indiana law, the plan commission is responsible for the following:
- Preparing a comprehensive plan.
- Preparing a zoning ordinance and a subdivision control ordinance
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the text of the zoning ordinance or subdivision control ordinance
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the zoning map (rezonings)
- Approving or denying proposals to subdivide land, based upon compliance with the subdivision control ordinance
- Approving development plans
- Assigning street addresses
Plan Commission members
The Plan Commission membership is comprised of four residents appointed by the Town Council President and three members who are elected or appointed officials or employees of the Town.
- Andy Brock
- Andy Marker
- Gary Howard
- Byron Temple
- Tim Brown
- Richard Hill
- Steven Burden
The Plan Commission has regularly scheduled meetings on the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm. See the meeting page for the current schedule.